Thank you for choosing to book with Number 6. We’re really looking forward to welcoming you.
When making a booking at Number 6 you are entering into a legal agreement with us – please read these terms and conditions.
Our rates include your accommodation and a full cooked breakfast.
A deposit equal to the cost of a one-night stay is required to guarantee a booking; for bookings of more than three nights, the deposit will be 50% of the total cost of the booking. Fourteen days’ notice of cancellation is required for a refund of the deposit, minus an administration fee of £7.50 per room. If cancellation occurs within 14 days of arrival the deposit will not be refunded.
We take the balance of your payment on arrival and accept cash and debit/credit cards – although we do not accept Diners or American Express.
Cancellation and Insurance
Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract and any deposit paid is non-refundable. If you need to cancel please contact us immediately by phone. If we are able to re-let the cancelled accommodation, we will refund the deposit already paid – less a £7.50 administration fee per room. If we are not able to re-let the room(s) we regret that we cannot return your deposit.
If you cancel on the day of your planned arrival, or are a ‘no-show’ we will charge you the total cost of your reservation.
You may like to consider taking out holiday insurance.
If we have to cancel any booking due to illness or bereavement, or close due to adverse weather, flooding, fire or any circumstance deemed beyond our control whatsoever we will try, but not guarantee, to relocate all bookings (to alternative, suitable, accommodation in Whitby). If this is not possible, then we would refund all monies paid by you.
Number 6 is an adult-only B&B; we regret that we cannot accept bookings for any guests under the age of 18. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Check-in and check-out
Check-in is between 4pm and 7pm. If you plan to arrive later than this, please let us know in advance.
Check-out is by 11am on the day of your departure.
Smoking and vaping
We operate a strict no smoking or vaping policy throughout our premises, including the garden. Smoking in the bedroom will render you liable for the cost of a deep clean to remove all traces of smoke.
We regret that we are unable to accept pets.
If you decide to grab a takeaway please let us know and we will set a table for you in the dining room. Please do not eat hot takeaway food in your bedroom. We will pass onto you the cleaning costs associated with any food stains and spillages in the carpet, bedlinen or soft furnishings.
Damages and breakages
Please take care of our accommodation and its contents. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damage which you cause to the Number 6 or its contents. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but reserve the right to charge credit/debit cards for any items damaged or removed during your stay. Please report any damage or breakages to us as soon as they occur.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or their possessions unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Booking a room(s) at Number 6 signifies your acceptance of our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time.
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Number 6’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 6 St Hilda’s Terrace, Whitby YO21 3AE. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.