PLEASE NOTE: the extra precautions we need to take because of Covid-19 mean we’re doing some things differently. Even if you have stayed with us before, please read the section on ‘Number 6 and Covid-19’.
We are an adult only B&B, welcoming guests aged 18 and over and operate a minimum booking policy of two nights.
We are completely non-smoking and non-vaping in both house and garden. We own one very friendly cat – Bella – who roams around the public areas of the house, but is never allowed in guest bedrooms. However, if you have a cat allergy then Number 6 may not be suitable for you.
We regret that we do not accept any pets at all – however small or well behaved.
Number 6 and Covid-19
As per government guidelines, please do not travel to us if you or any of your party has Covid-19 symptoms or if you’ve been told to self-isolate.
If this is the case you will need to cancel your booking with us – please let us know ASAP.
We’ll be delighted to move your stay to another date up to 31 December 2021.
If you develop Covid-19 symptoms while you’re staying at Number 6, please let us know immediately.
As per government guidelines, you will be required to leave the B&B and return home immediately. We’ll either refund the remainder of your stay, minus any expenses already incurred for food, cleaning etc, or, if you prefer, we’ll take the value of the refunded balance as a deposit on a future stay.
If you have to self-isolate within 14 days of leaving the B&B, please let us know immediately.
If we have a case of Covid-19 at the property we’ll shut the affected room(s) for 72 hours.
If we have to cancel your booking because we have to self-isolate or because there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19 at the B&B, we’ll let you know immediately, refund your deposit and try to find you suitable alternative accommodation locally.
We want you to have a great break at Number 6 and enjoy all that we, and our lovely coastal town, offer, but Covid-19 means we’ve had to make some changes to our ‘old normal’ service. We know you’ll understand why, and hope that you bear with us as we, like you, adjust.
Please read our Covid-19 secure policy for full information on what we are doing and the changes made to our service delivery.
But, in a nutshell, we are:
- reducing the chances of the virus entering the property by requiring anyone who exhibits any symptoms (check out the NHS website for full information) within 14 days of their booked stay at Number 6 to cancel their booking and re-schedule free of charge
- implementing procedures that respect social distancing without being anti-social
- keeping a 2 metre distance from guests where possible and we’ll wear a mask when serving breakfast
- asking guests from separate households/bubbles to maintain a 2 metre distance from each other at all times
- staggering check-ins to allow for social distancing and only accepting electronic payments
- still serving great breakfasts! Tables will be suitably distanced and, to ensure social distancing, time slots may operate. The full menu is still available and all tables will have individual buffets
- enhancing our cleaning regime in line with government guidelines.
- leaving rooms vacant for at least 24 hours between guests
- not entering your bedroom for the duration of your stay – unfortunately this means we won’t be able to do your daily room tidy during your stay but we will empty your bins and keep you supplied with clean crockery and fresh supplies as required. If you are staying with us for more than two nights we will refresh your room on the third day and every second day thereafter.
- providing hand sanitiser in public areas.