Number 6’s Covid-19 secure policy
Please note: this policy is in addition to, and forms a part of our standard Terms and Conditions.
As we come out of lockdown and start living and working in the ‘new normal’ we’re committed to doing all that’s reasonably practical to minimise the risks around Covid-19. We want you to have a great break at Number 6 and enjoy all that we, and our lovely coastal town, offer, but we’ve had to make some changes to our ‘old normal’ service. We know you’ll understand why, and hope that you bear with us as we, like you, adjust.
You can read our policy in detail by scrolling down but, in a nutshell, we are
- reducing the chances of the virus entering the property by requiring anyone who exhibits any symptoms of Covid-19, (check out the NHS website for full information) within 14 days of their booked stay at Number 6 to cancel their booking and re-schedule free of charge
- implementing procedures that respect social distancing without being anti-social
- We’ll be keeping a distance of at least two metres from guests (and will wear a mask when serving breakfasts)
- Asking guests from separate households/bubbles to maintain a distance of at least two metres from each other at all times
- staggering check-ins to allow for social distancing and operating electronic payments
- still serving great breakfasts! Tables will be suitably distanced and staggered time slots may operate. The full menu is still available and all tables will have individual buffets
- enhancing our cleaning regime in line with government guidelines
- Leaving rooms vacant for at least 24 hours between guests
- not entering your bedroom for the duration of your stay – unfortunately this means we won’t be able to do your daily room tidy during your stay but we will empty your bins and keep you supplied with clean crockery and fresh supplies as required. If you are staying with us for more than two nights we will refresh your room on the third day and every second day thereafter.
- Providing hand sanitiser in public areas.
Please note that we won’t provide you with facemasks or gloves; if you want to use them, please bring your own with you.
We hope you are happy with these changes – but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us on 07539 870 232 or email email@example.com
We’re socially distancing but not anti-social
At Number 6 we’re committed to keeping two metres apart where possible – but this doesn’t mean we’ve become anti-social. We’ll still be there to answer your questions and provide you with any help you need.
We (Gill and Jackson) live on-site and one of us is almost always available to help you. We’ll still be able to have an old-fashioned conversation, albeit from a little farther apart than normal – but emails, texts and phone calls are welcome (even when you’re in Whitby or the house!)
Minimise risks – and if in doubt stay at home
We are looking to minimise the risk of the coronavirus entering the property, so:
- As per government guidelines, please do not travel to us if you or any of your party has tested positive for Covid-19, has Covid-19 symptoms or been told to self-isolate. If this is the case you will need to cancel your booking with us – please let us know ASAP. We’ll be delighted to move your stay to another date up to 31 December 2021.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms while you’re staying at Number 6, please let us know immediately.As per government guidelines, you will be required to leave the B&B and return home immediately. We’ll either refund the remainder of your stay, minus any expenses already incurred for food, cleaning etc, or, if you prefer, we’ll take the value of the refunded balance as a deposit on a future stay.
- If we have to cancel your booking because we have to self-isolate or because there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19 at the B&B, we’ll let you know immediately, refund your deposit and try to find you suitable alternative accommodation locally.
If you cancel because of any of the above, we’ll happily allow you to reschedule free of charge.
Please let us know your intended check-in time – if we haven’t heard from you, we’ll contact you to confirm an estimated time of arrival. Number 6 is Georgian townhouse with a narrow entrance hallway – so spacing out arrivals will allow everyone to maintain the recommended social distance. If you need to change your time of arrival, even on the day of arrival, please call!
We’ll check you in, taking care to maintain a two-metre distance at all times.
Your room keys will have been disinfected and be on the inside of your room door.
If you are happy for us to touch your luggage, we’ll be happy to assist you with it.
For most guests, a freshly cooked breakfast is one of the great joys of a staying at a B&B. Although we’ve had to change certain aspects of our breakfast service, our commitment to providing a great breakfast remains.
Our tables will be arranged so they meet or exceed government social distancing guidelines. If necessary, we may introduce staggered times for breakfast.
Breakfast is pre-ordered the evening before to minimise your contact with us.
As per the government guidelines, we are unable to provide our normal breakfast buffet option – however a limited table buffet will be available – please just ask if you are expecting something that is not available.
We’ll wear face coverings while serving breakfast.
Hand sanitiser is provided in the breakfast room. Please use this when you arrive in the room and when you leave it.
All crockery, cutlery, and glassware will be washed at a high temperature.
After breakfast service ends, we’ll thoroughly clean the breakfast room.
Bringing food in
If, as an alternative to eating out in the evening, you would prefer to bring in your own food or garb a takeaway please let us know and and we will be pleased to set a table for you in the breakfast room. We’ll open the room between 6pm and 9pm.
Please do not eat hot takeaway food in your room – we will pass onto you the cleaning costs associated with any food stains and spillages in the carpet, bedlinen or soft furnishings.
We’re not licensed to please feel free to bring a bottle – we’ll supply glasses.
We’ve always had the highest levels of cleaning at Number 6. However, we are enhancing our regime to include:
- Sanitising door keys before check-in
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning for high-touch items such as doors, light switches, and banisters
- Leaving all guest bedrooms empty for at least 24 hours between guests
- Cleaning all hard surfaces and items are cleaned with approved products
- Steam cleaning all upholstery between bookings
- Replacing cushions, bed spreads, mattress and pillow protectors, and boxes of tissues, between each set of guests
- Removing all consumables (e.g. tea, coffee, milk, toiletries, toilet rolls, etc) from guest rooms at the end of each stay and replaced with fresh items for the next guest.
- Washing crockery and cutlery at high temperatures
- We will not be entering your bedroom for the duration of your stay – and regret that this means we won’t be able to do your daily room tidy during your stay but we will empty bins and keep you supplied with clean crockery and fresh supplies as required.
Increasing air circulation
The best advice is to allow air to circulate withing the property as much as we can. So, we will keep all windows open (as far as the Yorkshire weather allows).
Windows to guest bedrooms (weather permitting) will be left open prior to your arrival. And if you could leave your room window open a little (weather permitting) when you check-out, that would be appreciated.
Hand sanitiser is available:
- On the desk in the entrance hall
- In the breakfast room.
Please use it every time you enter entering the property, and when entering and leaving the breakfast room.
Electronic payments only
We’re moving to electronic payments during this time. We’ll take any balance due from the card you used to pay your deposit. If you would prefer to pay by BACS please ask for our bank details. Thank you.
On the day of your departure please vacate your room no later than by 11am.
If you need to change your plans as a direct result of the coronavirus affecting you or one of your party (i.e. if you or any of your party has tested positive for Covid-19, has Covid-19 symptoms or been told to self-isolate) in the 14 days immediately prior to your booking at Number 6, please let us know as soon as possible. We’ll be pleased to move your booking free of charge to a date no later than 31 December 2021.
If we have to cancel your booking because we have to self-isolate or because there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19 at the B&B, we’ll let you know immediately, refund your deposit and try to find you suitable alternative accommodation locally.
In all other circumstances our standard cancellation policy applies and can be found in our Terms and Conditions.